Re: [Xen-devel] Commit moratorium to staging

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 04:52:37PM +0000, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

> I have to admit I have no idea why Windows clears the STS power bit
> and then completely ignores it on certain occasions.
>
> I'm also afraid I have no idea how to debug Windows in order to know
> why this event is acknowledged but ignored.
>
> I've also tried to reproduce the same with a Debian guest, by doing
> the same amount of save/restores and migrations, and finally issuing a
> xl trigger <guest> power, but Debian has always worked fine and
> shut down.
>
> Any comments are welcome.

After googling around, some articles suggest Windows can ignore ACPI
events under certain circumstances. Is it worth checking in the Windows
event log to see if an event is received but ignored for reason X?

For Windows Server 2012:
https://serverfault.com/questions/534042/windows-2012-how-to-make-power-button-work-in-every-cases

Can't find anything for Windows Server 2016.