Re: [Xen-devel] Re : Re : Re : task btrfs-transacti:651 blocked for more than 120 seconds

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 04:32:39PM +0000, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> Le vendredi 29 septembre 2017 à 10:20 +0100, Roger Pau Monné a écrit :

> > > Oh, from the Novell's documentation [0] I read :
> > >
> > > « General recommendation for determining the proper value for
> > > "gnttab_max_frames" is to multiply by 2 the number of attached
> > > disks. »
> > >

> > > Since I have about 250 RBD devices, I suppose I have to try
> > > directly
> > > with gnttab_max_frames=512, right ?
> >
> > Do you have 250 devices attached to the same guest? If so I guess 512
> > might be sensible, although you said earlier that you had 26 devices
> > attached, not 250.
> >
> > Roger.
> >

> Hi,
>
> no VM have more than 26 devices. Except for the Dom0 which have about
> 300 devices to handle. Does dom0 affected by this gnttab_max_frames
> choice ?

No, this limit is only meaningful for DomUs, not for Dom0 (the disks
attached to Dom0 are not PV).

> Anyway, after booting each hypervisor with gnttab_max_frames=256 (or
> greater), it seems I don't reach this timeout anymore.

I think 256 is quite high, 64 should probably be enough. In any case
256 is 1MB of memory used by the grant table, which I guess is not
that bad.

Roger.