Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] removing proc-xen.mount due to systemd change

On 10/02/2017 12:35 PM, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 12:26:24PM +0200, Vasilis Liaskovitis wrote:
>> - any other options?
>
> Can we just make the unit not fail? I.e. when it detects xenfs is
> already mounted, it does nothing but reports success.

Unfortunately that's currently not possible as systemd fails when

Therefore whatever the conditions you put in the mount unit (to avoid
systemd starting it) won't be considered at all as systemd will refuse
to load a mount unit whose target path is part of the API file systems.

An indirection could be added, that is adding a simple service that
would require the mount unit and contains the conditions that would
prevent its starting if /proc/xen is already mounted but that doesn't
look pretty...

I think it would be better to continue the discussion here [1], as a
solution might require some changes on systemd side.

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6442