[Xen-devel] Guest start issue on ARM (maybe related to Credit2) [Was: Re: [xen-unstable test] 113807: regressions - FAIL]

Hey,

On Mon, 2017-09-25 at 09:46 +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
> flight 113807 xen-unstable real [real]
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/113807/

So, triggered by this:

> Tests which are failing intermittently (not blocking):
>  test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2 16 guest-start/debian.repeat fail in
> 113791 pass in 113807

I went having a look, and discovered that it's indeed happening that,
from time to time, we fail to create a guest, on ARM, with Credit2.

Looking here:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2/xen-unstable

It seems to be happening only on the cubietracks, but in a non-linear
and non-deterministic fashion. E.g., 113791 failed on metzinger, which
is fine on 113800; 113611 and 113618 failed on baroque, which is fine
on 113638.

I don't see much in the logs, TBH, but both `xl vcpu-list' and the 'r'
debug key seem to suggest that vCPU 0 is running, while the other vCPUs
have never run... like it was an issue with secondary (v)CPU bringup.

It indeed shows up with Credit2, as it were _specific_ to it, but I'm
not 100% sure. In fact, it indeed seems to never show up here:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-
armhf-xl/xen-unstable

but it looks like it may have shown up in 112460 (but we don't have the
logs any longer):
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-
armhf-xl-cubietruck/xen-unstable

So... ARM people? Does this ring any bell? Is this something known, or
easy to explain? What can I do for help?

Regards,
Dario