Re: [Xen-devel] USB passthrough with Xen on ARM

On 09/13/2017 11:42 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:
On 13/09/17 12:33, Roger Quadros wrote:
I resolved this issue by backporting the xen-hcd kernel patches to v3.14 and
running the v3.14
kernel in domU. Although I see this message in dom0. but it doesn't seem to
cause any problems
with the USB device in domU in my limited tests.

[ 3495.812130] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.1.auto: Setup ERROR: setup context command for
slot 1.
[ 3495.932104] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.1.auto: Setup ERROR: setup context command for
slot 1.

One more question. Did I understand correctly that it is not possible to use
full USB host emulation
(usbctrl type=devicemodel) with a PV guest like Linux? If this understanding is
wrong then some pointers
on how to do that would be geat.

I don't think this is supported by Xen on ARM.

On x86 this is working with HVM or PV guests.

I am not sure to follow here. By fully emulated, I understand as no-PV driver but trapping MMIO access. So how can it work for PV on x86?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall