Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 112855: regressions - trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass

>>> flight 112855 xen-unstable real [real]
>>> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/112855/
>>>
>>> Regressions :-(
>>>
>>> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
>>> including tests which could not be run:
>>>  test-amd64-i386-examine       7 reboot                   fail REGR. vs.
>>> 112809
>>>  test-amd64-i386-freebsd10-amd64  7 xen-boot              fail REGR. vs.
>>> 112809
>> These two are watchdog NMIs during the loading of Dom0. Most
>> likely candidate for introducing the issue is Boris' scrub series.
>

> I haven't been able to reproduce this but perhaps adding
> process_pending_softirqs() in alloc_heap_pages() and free_heap_pages()
> loops if CONFIG_SCRUB_DEBUG is set might help?

That's possible, but might as well only be papering over a deeper
issue, e.g. ...

> One other thing that also comes to mind is that there is probably no
> reason to scrub (and in some cases poison) pages during dom0 creation.

... this one: Iirc before your series Dom0 pages weren't being
scrubbed, and imo this property ought to be retained (also if
any other boot time allocations now suddenly got scrubbed).

Jan