Re: [Xen-devel] RT-Xen on ARM

Hi Andrii,

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Andrii Anisov <andrii_anisov@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Meng Xu,
>
> I've get back to this stuff.

Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure if you have already solved this.

> On 03.07.17 17:58, Andrii Anisov wrote:
>>
>> That's why we are going to keep configuration (of guests and workloads)
>> close to [1] for evaluation, but on our target SoC.
>> I'm wondering if there are known issues or specifics for ARM.
>>
>> [1] https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~linhphan/papers/emsoft14-rt-xen.pdf
>
> Currently I have a setup with dom0 and domU's with Litmus-RT.

Great!

> Following the
> document I need workload tasks.
> Maybe you have mentioned workload tasks sources you can share, so that would
> shorten my steps.

Sure. The workload we used in the paper is mainly the cpu-intensive task.
We first calibrate a busy-loop of multiplications that runs for 1ms.
Then for a task that executes for exe(ms), we simply let the task
execute the 1ms busy loop for exe times.
It is also good to run the same task for several times to make sure
the task's execution time is table from different runs.

The Section 4.1 and 4.2 in [1] explained the whole experiment steps.
If you have any question or confusion on a specific step, please feel
free to let me know.
We may schedule a meeting to clarify all the questions or confusions
you may have.

[1] https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~linhphan/papers/emsoft14-rt-xen.pdf

Best regards,

Meng