Re: [Xen-devel] Regression PCI passthrough from 4.5.5 to 4.6.0-rc1

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:56:58 +0200, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I defined XEN_PT_LOGGING_ENABLED in xen_pt.h as requested without the
> "hack" patch. Log is attached. Does it help?
It tells me that there's nothing unexpected on that side. As I think I
had indicated before, we really need to see both sides (qemu and
hypervisor), as part of the MSI-X handling lives in Xen. And for the
hypervisor side it is unlikely that we'll be able to get away without
a debugging patch. I am intending to make such available to you in
case you can't do so yourself, but I can't currently predict when I'll
get to it.
I think the problem is that pci_msi_conf_write_intercept is failing to
unmask the entries when MSI-X is enabled with entries already
configured, but this will require some debugging patch as Jan said.
Following the MSI-X code is quite complicated, this split brain
between Xen and QEMU makes it quite hard. I can try to come up with a
patch later.

I can try some debug patches although my workload is very high at the moment. It would help me quite a bit if the debug patches were suitable for the stable 4.8 tree.

Regards Andreas