Re: [Xen-devel] xen/link: Move .data.rel.ro sections into .rodata for final link

>>> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/20/17 5:22 PM >>>
>This includes stuff lke the hypercall tables which we really want
>to be read-only. And they were going into .data.read-mostly.

Yes, we'd like them to be read-only, but what if EFI properly assigned r/o
permissions to the .rodata section when loading xen.efi? We'd then be
unable to apply relocations when switching from 1:1 to virtual mappings
(see efi_arch_relocate_image()).

Jan