Re: [Xen-devel] ARM: Adjusting guest memory size through xl mem-{set|max} fails

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 01:52:08PM +0200, Sergej Proskurin wrote:

> ---
> root@avocet:~# xl list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0  1024     6
> r-----      38.9
> domu1                                        1   511     2
> -b----       0.3
> root@avocet:~# xl mem-max 1 550m
> root@avocet:~# xl mem-set 1 520m
> libxl: error: libxl_mem.c:272:libxl_set_memory_target: Domain
> 1:memory_dynamic_max must be less than or equal to memory_static_max

This is a bit strange. What is the maxmem= in your domain config?

I'm not too sure if you can just use xl mem-max. It's a bit messy in
that area.

> cannot set domid 1 dynamic max memory to : 520m
> ---
>
> According to the error messages from above, I assume this patch will not
> fix the issues on ARMv7 yet, right?

The error you saw on ARMv7 is different from the one above afaict. Not
sure if my patch would fix ARMv7. I'm not too familiar with the inner
working of ARM guests.