Re: [Xen-devel] Criteria / validation proposal: drop Xen

On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 15:13 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 11:59:01AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hi, folks! A while ago, Xen virtualization functionality was added to
> > the criteria and the validation test case set, on the understanding
> > that Oracle would provide testing for it (and help fix bugs as they
> > arose).
> >
> > For the last couple of releases we really have not had any such testing
>
> We had been doing the testing, it just that we (or rather me and
> Dariof) seem to get a wind of this at the last minute. Not sure exactly
> how to fix that thought.

Well, I mean, every few *days* a compose gets nominated for validation
testing, and a mail is sent to test-announce. Just check your test-
announce archives for mails with "nominated for testing" in their
subject lines, and you'll see dozens. Is this not sufficient
notification?

> > from Oracle. On that basis, I'm proposing we remove this Final
> > criterion:
>
> s/Oracle/Xen Project/ I believe?

Perhaps, it's just that it always seemed to be you doing the testing,
so they got a bit conflated :)

> > "The release must boot successfully as Xen DomU with releases providing
> > a functional, supported Xen Dom0 and widely used cloud providers
> > utilizing Xen."
> >
> > and change the 'milestone' for the test case -
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Boot_Methods_Xen_Para_Virt -
> > from Final to Optional.
> >
> > Thoughts? Comments? Thanks!
>
> I would prefer for it to remain as it is.

This is only practical if it's going to be tested, and tested regularly
- not *only* on the final release candidate, right before we sign off
on the release. It needs to be tested regularly throughout the release
cycle, on the composes that are "nominated for testing".

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey