Re: [Xen-devel] Renesas R-Car Gen3 SoCs earlyprintk support.

On 06.07.17 14:43, Julien Grall wrote:
Well, I would expect no changes in either in the BSP, kernel, device-tree when you run with Xen.
Even without adding XEN specific chosen node? Or you do not count it as a devtree change?

The wiki page gives the false impression that Xen upstream is fully
supported on Renesas, whilst from what you said this is not true and
change are required in the BSP.
I would say in different words: XEN upstream is fully supported on
Renesas, but due to XEN functionality gaps the BSP should be adjusted
appropriately.

You can't say in the same sentence, the board is fully supported and there are missing functionality that requires change in the BSP. They are incompatible.

I agree that we are able to boot Xen on Renesas (not sure to which extend without modification). But you can't claim it is fully supported until all those gaps are fixed.
Well...
Do you say that calls to ARM TEE from XEN domains works for all supported boards? And smc trapping is somehow Renesas specific? Or you state that TEE is never provided as a part of BSP for supported boards? So nobody mention the gap? Maybe you claim BSP of all supported boards goes out of bootloader in Hypervisor mode/EL2? So no changes to FW/bootloader should be ever done for supported boards?

--

*Andrii Anisov*