Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug on ARM with irq passthrough

On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 12:27 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 04/07/17 21:20, Ivan Pavić2 wrote:
> >
> > This is very strange because it doesn't happen with credit
> > scheduler. This is output of xl dmesg:
> >
> > (XEN) IRQ 64 is already used by domain 1
> >
> > Everything works first time but when I destroy domain and try to
> > create again it fails. It works normally with credit scheduler. In
> > dom-free-rtos.cfg:
> > irqs = [64]
>
> The Domain 1 still seems to be alive, you can confirm by via "xl
> list".
> You said it works with credit but not credit2. I think you hit the
> bug
> described in [1].
>
> Dario, do you have any status on this bug?

I have a patch in the works (different than the draft I sent you back
then). It needs some more thinking and testing though, because I am
still not sure it does the correct thing.

As you may have noticed, in fact, the tracing work I've also been doing
recently, includes adding tracing for RCUs. That was to help me
understand what actually happen, how things should work and why they
don't.

I had to stop working on the patch and switch to other things during
the last phases of 4.9 freeze and release, but I will get back to it
right after the Summit.

>  I think we should consider it
> as a blocker for Xen 4.10.

FWIW, I do agree. And I don't think there should be much problem fixing
this on time for that.

Regards,
Dario