Re: [Xen-devel] stub domain crash related to bind_interdomain

On 06/20/2017 01:24 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> I have gotten messages like this sporadically in the qemu-dm log for stub
>> domains, both at domain start and domain reboot:
>>
>> evtchn_open() -> 7
>> ERROR: bind_interdomain failed with rc=-22xenevtchn_bind_interdomain(121, 0)
>> = -22
>> bind interdomain ioctl error 22
>> Unable to find x86 CPU definition
>> close(0)
>>
>> It is not always remote port 0 that fails but typically is so.
>
> But I'm afraid this is a relevant distinction, and hence you may be
> seeing two different issues. Have you been able to find out where
> that remote port is coming from? I ask because port 0 is never a
> valid one (see evtchn_init() setting it to ECS_RESERVED).

By inspection I think it is
shared_page->vcpu_ioreq[i].vp_eport used in helper2.c:cpu_x86_init because
otherwise I should see another message like

xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain(21, 3) = 0
first, and I only see one message from xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain.

I think it should be reproducible within a few hundred reboots.

--Sarah