Re: [Xen-devel] debian stretch dom0 + xen 4.9 fails to boot

Looking at the code in arch/x86/boot/edd.c in Linux, it sector aligns the
buffer into which it reads the MBR and the sector size is pulled from the EDD
which means, I believe, that the MBR read on the skull canyon would be 4k
aligned.

What do you think it best to do for Xen 4.9? Hardcoding a 4k alignment is
clearly easy and would work around this BIOS issue but, as you say, it does
grow the image. Reverting Juergen's patch also works round the issue, but that
is more by luck. Re-working the code is preferable, but I guess it's too late
to introduce such code-churn in 4.9.

  Paul