Re: [Xen-devel] xen-evtchn: Bind dyn evtchn:qemu-dm interrupt to next online CPU

On 30/05/17 18:42, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
This is not worth API change so I guess we are going to have to use
separate calls, as you originally proposed.

Sure. I will stick to making two hypercalls.

Do we need to look at IRQ affinity mask, if we are going to bind
eventchannel to smp_processor_id(). If we definitely need to use IRQ
affinity then binding to smp_processor_id() might not be the correct
approach.
What if, for whatever reason, the current processor is not in the
affinity mask of the IRQ?

Yes, there is a possibility of that happening, but chances are really slim. I will drop the idea of binding evtchn to smp_processor_id and instead change the logic to use a per_cpu(int) to hold last used cpu and then use cpu_next_and(last_cpu, affinity, cpu_online_mask) to get next cpu.

-Anoob