Re: [Xen-devel] Emulation of xen ARM on qemux86_64

On 23/05/17 14:35, Iurii Mykhalskyi wrote:
Hi Pranay,

As I say in my previous e-mail:

"I'm not familiar with QEMU, but  in general case - you can't just take
image (for example RCAR-H3) and run it inside QEMU - a some things might
be different - uart, gic, timer, etc.
And i'm not sure about support of HW virtualization on QEMU - looks like
your are asking about emulation ARM HW virtualization on X86_64 platform."

I don't think that it is possible to emulate ARM HW virtualization on
x86_64 platform via QEMU.

So - in my opinion -  layers such as you are asking doesn't existing for
QEMU.

According to [1] looks like ARM Ltd provides emulator, called ARMv8
Foundation Model  - that is supports Xen [2].
But I never used it and looks like its not free and has some limited
trial period.

The Foundation Model (search for the name in the web page) is a free model.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall