Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM] Native application design and discussion (I hope)

Hi Julien,

On 21 April 2017 at 18:49, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21/04/17 15:42, Andrii Anisov wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>

> Hi,
>
>> On 20.04.17 23:20, Volodymyr Babchuk wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Stefano,

>> We will also need another type of application: one which is periodically
>> called by XEN itself, not actually servicing any domain request. This is
>> needed for a coprocessor sharing framework scheduler implementation.
>
> I don't think we should think in term of type of application supported. We
> should aim to have a generic interface we can maintain based on the needs.

> We can further restrict access to some interface for a given app. But I
> would rather avoid to have different interfaces for each type of
> application.
Probably, we can try another approach: allow application to register hooks
in hypervisor: i.e. hook on MMIO, hook on SMC, hook on timer and so on.

--
WBR Volodymyr Babchuk aka lorc [+380976646013]
mailto: vlad.babchuk@xxxxxxxxx