Re: [Xen-devel] xl.cfg vfb list parsing issues

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:02:37AM -0400, Doug Freed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This issue came up in the #xen IRC channel on freenode, and Andrew
> Cooper asked for somebody to email xen-devel so it could be fixed.  A
> user had the following line in their domain config and couldn't figure
> out why it wasn't working correctly:
>
> vfb=['vnclisten="10.1.1.8:2"']

Hmm... I thought the parser already de-quotes the string. There could be
a bug somewhere.

> The answer is, of course, that the parser is not expecting the
> parameter to be quoted.  Unfortunately, the above line is consistent
> with how the setting is documented in the manpage:
>
> "vnclisten="ADDRESS[:DISPLAYNUM]""

This definitely needs fixing: this is not valid syntax by all means.

> Andrew suggested that failing to parse the parameter should trigger a
> parse error, rather than proceeding as if the setting hadn't been
> provided at all.  At the very least, the manpage should be updated to
> remove the quoting.

Thanks. I will add Reported-by tag with your name and email address when
I send out patches.

Wei.