Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 106504: regressions - FAIL

On April 05, 2017 7:58 AM, Chao Gao wrote:
>2. let pt_update_irq() pass the periodic timer  whose interrupt is to be
>injected to vmx_intr_assit() which  in turn can pass it to pt_intr_post().
>After
>this, pt_intr_post()  needn't search the periodic timer that matches the
>interrupt has  been injected. Through this, we can avoid reading the RTE
>there.

the key point of pt_intr_post() is to decrease the count (pending_intr_nr) of
pending periodic
timer interrupt, otherwise Xen will deliver a periodic timer interrupt more.

Curious, even if you can pass the pt interrupt to pt_intr_post(), how could you
leverage it?

Quan