Re: [Xen-devel] [GSoC] Progress in the microtask

Hello Jesus and Lars,

I have completed the micro task and now I am working on writing tests fro my code. The micro task was to write a Python script to use the Perceval email backend to retrieve data from the xen-devel mailing list, identify the same threads and feed the result to an ElasticSearch database. In order to identify the same threads, jwz threading algorithm was implemented on the data retrieved from Xen-devel mailing list’s archive.

The result of the script is an ElasticSearch search index, with one JSON document per message, with a value which is same for all the messages in the same thread. The value could be the message-id of the first message in the thread. Each month’s archive will have a separate index.

A script to perform a search has also been written. The data is retrieved from the Elasticsearch index and a search will be performed on it according to the specified field of the message. The task has been completed and has helped me to gain knowledge about Perceval and Elasticsearch. The code has been uploaded to my Github account [1].