[Xen-devel] Oprofile Report

Hello,

I am doing profiling with command,

operf ./test --events=BR_INST_RETIRED
where test.c is a simple c language file.

then, I am trying to collect information with command

opreport --symbols --debug-info

From the documents of Oprofile, I assume that the above command lists profiling result as per the symbols i.e. I can get result showing samples, linear info, image name and symbol name.

As per my command I expect my file name (test.c) to be in the linear info and image name, but shows [no location information] in linear info. The filename does not get listed in image name also.

What is lacking?

I tried to set vmlinux with operf --vmlinux option also where vmlinux file in in /usr/lib/debug/lib/4*/vmlinux, still the above commands do not list test file entries.

What is lacking?

Thank you,

Dhara buch