Re: [Xen-devel] inaccurate dirty_count from XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP

On 22/03/17 10:46, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, Olaf Hering wrote:
>
>> I wonder if the usage of xc_shadow_control is correct. The testing was
>> done with a xen-4.4 based dom0, I will verify with staging once I find
>> the time.
> It does work with xen-4.4, but fails with staging.
> Did the xc_shadow_control API change at some point?

The API not, but the the method of obtaining the bitmap was changed to
make HVM control domains usable as part of the PVHv2 work, although this
was now a release or two ago.

Sorry I haven't replied yet - I did see your email, but haven't had a
chance to try it out yet.  It certainly looks like a real bug.

~Andrew