Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6.5 released

On 13.03.2017 11:29, Andrew Cooper wrote:

>>> This does not seem to compile for me (x86_64) without the attached
>>> (admittedly
>>> brutish) change.
>> I guess it's the emulator test code which has a problem here (I
>> did notice this myself), but that doesn't get built by default (and
>> I see no reason why anyone would want to build it when putting
>> together packages for people to consume - this is purely a dev
>> tool). Please clarify.
>
> These tools are all built automatically.  Therefore, build fixes should
> be backported.
>
> To avoid building them, you need override CONFIG_TESTS := n in the root
> .config file to override the default in Config.mk

Thanks Andrew,

I was not sure but I did not do anything special except replacing the orig
tarballs. The rest of the build is as we share it with Debian. So for a minor
release / stable release update I would rather not change the environment.

For the patch I just copied the definition from lib.h because gcc seems to be
called without access to hypervisor includes (probably adapting the Makefile
plus adding an include would be the better path but it was late'ish on a Friday
and I wanted something compiling quickly).

-Stefan