Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: Bisected Host boot failure on AMD Phenom

> I expect it might have something to do with fact that this failure to
> boot is a 6-core system, rather than a power of two, at which point I
> doubt the APIC IDs follow a linear trend.
>
> (Properly fixing the reported topology is going to be a can of worms.
> All this series is trying to do is use just enough duct-tape to get the
> hypervisor into a state where we can sensibly fix the reported topology.)

I think we are using the same duct-tape roll on the Linux side. For example,

cc272163ea55 ("x86/xen: Fix APIC id mismatch warning on Intel")
or
a6a198bc60e6 ("xen/x86: Update topology map for PV VCPUs")

and there are more.

-boris