Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Interrupt Delivery

virtual interrupt delivery doesn't change the implication of blocking
by STI. It will be evaluated and delivered when it's allowed.

> > Previously, VMM used Interrupt-Window, but as I see in XEN code,
> > Interrupt-Window
> > is not used when Virtual Interrupt Delivery is enabled.
>
> Right, the Intel SDM has a whole section about that.
> >
> > Does it mean, we will get Virtual Interrupt on the next VM-entry?
>
> By my understanding of the Intel SDM it depends on whether the
> vector is one of those that the CPU can inject without involving
> the VMM.
>
> I would recommend you read the Intel SDM - the answer may be right
> there.

yes SDM has a very clear description of when a virtual interrupt
delivery will happen. check CH29.2 (Evaluation and Delivery of
Virtual Interrupts).

Thanks
Kevin