Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 105966: regressions - FAIL

>>> Looks like a red herring.  It is d5 complaining about EFER, while d3
>>> that dies mysteriously.
>> Oops, I didn't pay enough attention.
>
> Should we reorder the prink() to put %pv before __FILE__ ? IMO it would
> be helpful to have %pv in a more consistent location in the line.

That's a good idea, I think.

>>> I don't think so.  Normal MSR accesses would be via svm_do_msr_access()
>>> which still latches #GP on the way out.
>> But anyway - is the exception injection in hvm_do_resume() really
>> legitimate?
>
> I have brought that up before.  It is not actually legitimate, because
> %rip has already moved forwards by this point.
>
> In practice, the current vmevent users of this interface only intercept
> a very small number of MSRs, and they won't fault by the time they get here.

Well, this means effectively you added dead code. Yet in that case
I think it would be better for the dead code to crash the domain,
instead of trying to inject an event after vendor specific resume
code has already run. That would at least make obvious that we
don't expect this path to be taken.

Jan