[Xen-devel] Crash w/ bios="ovmf"

I'm trying to find a solution to an immediate VM crash which occurs by simply adding "bios='ovmf' to my configuration?

I started with a standard Ubuntu install which contained Xen 4.6.0 and had the crash. The VM works fine booting w/ SeaBIOS once the configuration line is removed. It also works fine with OVMF using just QEMU.

Then I was led to believe that i needed to rebuild Xen with --enable-ovmf , using the source from apt-get source, this proved to be difficult and ultimately I had to disable stub domains to get it to work. (in case, that is relevant)

Still I get the crash almost immediately after the VM is launched. With sdl=1 I can see the window flash up and disappear. I should mention that ultimately I plan to use a non-standard build of the OVMF kernel, but for now I'm happy to get it working with any one.

At this point, I have been studying the source to try and determine where things diverge. I find very little use of LIBXL_BIOS_TYPE_OVMF and can't find exactly where setting hvm.bios that even matters?

In any case, I would appreciate help on how to avoid the crash and/or understanding the Xen modifications for OVMF.

Jason