Re: [Xen-devel] What is via in HVM_CALLBACK_VECTOR part?

Thanks.  The implementation use 'via' as param name and 'a' as local variable which makes me think `via` is an abbreviation of something. Seems wrong.

int xen_set_callback_via(uint64_t via)
{
struct xen_hvm_param a;
a.domid = DOMID_SELF;
a.index = HVM_PARAM_CALLBACK_IRQ;
a.value = via;
return HYPERVISOR_hvm_op(HVMOP_set_param, &a);
}

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 22.02.17 at 13:57, <yumingwu233@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am learning event channel implementation in xen and evtchn driver in
> linux.
> When PVHVM guest boot, it will set callback vector using function void
> *xen_callback_vector(void)*
> which will call *xen_set_callback_via()*
>
> The logic itself is simple but I don't know what the '*via*' stands for.
> Would you please kindly tell me the full name of '*via*'?

This is the English word "via", i.e. which approach (route) to take.

Jan

 Yuming