Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 2/6] rangeset_destroy() refactoring

> What use are rangesets if the implementation doesn't control the list/tree?
> How on earth would you implement an allocation function otherwise?
Just to be on the same page, my understanding of the rangesets is as following:

 - Currently the `struct rangeset` is a list of `ranges`. This list
head is a `range_list` of `struct rangeset`. Currently `range_list`
manipulations are not protected by any locks. IMO this is the core
functionality of the rangeset.

 - Also there is another list head `rangeset_list` inside `struct
rangeset`. It is used to link a rangeset to an external list of
rangesets. This is protected by spinlocks now. IMO this functionality
is odd to the rangeset itself.

Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.