Re: [Xen-devel] qemu-upstream triggering OOM killer

>>> On 09.02.17 at 23:24, <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> the recent qemuu update results in the produced binary triggering the
>> OOM killer on the first system I tried the updated code on. Is there
>> anything known in this area? Are there any hints as to finding out
>> what is going wrong?
>
> Do you mean QEMU upstream (from qemu.org) or qemu-xen/staging (that
> hasn't changed much in the last couple of months)?

The latter. The diff to my last snapshot (from early January) is 6.6Mb
though - I wouldn't call this "hasn't changed much". Looks like Anthony
did update to 2.8.0 in early January (a day or two after I had last
snapshotted it).

> Do you know if it's something Xen specific?

Not so far. It appears to happen when grub clears the screen
before displaying its graphical menu, so I'd rather suspect an issue
with a graphics related change (the one you pointed out isn't).

Jan