Re: [Xen-devel] PVH CPU hotplug design document

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 12:05:11PM -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> On 01/23/2017 11:50 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

> >> Roger, are you going to include this in your patchset or do you want me
> >> to do it?
> > I think this should be introduced in your DomU ACPI CPU hotplug series, and
> > not
> > set for Dom0 until we found a way to perform ACPI vCPU hotplug for Dom0
> > also.
> >

> Right, although my understanding is that the series is on hold until we
> come to agreement about what to do about dom0. But I guess if we agree
> that we'll have a single ACPI hotplug feature bit then we can go ahead
> with Linux domU patches without waiting for Xen ACPI support.

My understanding is that the way forward now is to introduce this bit, use it
in your series and decide what we do with Dom0 when we get to a point that we
can start to test/implement vCPU hotplug there. There's still work to do until
we can get to the point of simply booting a static no-hotplug PVHv2 Dom0.

Roger.