Re: [Xen-devel] xennet_start_xmit assumptions

On (01/20/17 14:30), David Miller wrote:

> CAP_SYS_RAWIO or not, the contract we have with the device is that
> there will be at least enough bytes to cover a link layer header.

I see. If that's the case (for all the kernel-driver interfaces),
then the xen_netfront driver is probably not required to check for
variants of sk_buffs like pure-non-linear etc.

> This probably requires a little bit of an adjustment to the calling
> convention.  Perhaps:
>
>       int dev_validate_header(const struct net_device *dev,
>                               char *ll_header, int len);
>
> So then you can go:
>
>       new_len = dev_validate_header(dev, skb->data, len);
>       if (new_len < 0)
>               goto out_cleanup_err;
>       if (new_len > len)
>               __skb_put(skb, new_len - len);
>
> Or something like that.

ok let me work with that and get back (hopefully with an
RFC patch).

--Sowmini