Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 104131: regressions - FAIL

On January 16, 2017 1:26 PM, Tian, Kevin wrote:
>I cannot come up a valid reason for such situation (intack.vector is 0x30 while
>pt_vector is 0x38 from Chao's data). pt_update_irq is invoked before checking
>highest pending IRRs so pt_vector should be honored anyway.
>One possible reason is that being some reason pt_vector is not in vIRR at that
>point (due to some bug in the path from PIR to vIRR).

btw, for PIR.. I find that there might be a bug in
__vmx_deliver_posted_interrupt()...
why test_and_set_bit(VCPU_KICK_SOFTIRQ, &softirq_pending(cpu)) ??

static void __vmx_deliver_posted_interrupt(struct vcpu *v)
{
        if ( !test_and_set_bit(VCPU_KICK_SOFTIRQ, &softirq_pending(cpu))
}

Suppose that vCPUx is in guest mode, there are two (even more) interrupts to
vCPUx..
As the bit is set when delivers the first interrupt... the second interrupt is
pending until next VM entry -- by PIR to vIRR..

Quan

However I didn't catch