Re: [Xen-devel] xennet_start_xmit assumptions

On (01/19/17 11:31), Paul Durrant wrote:
> Sowmini,
>
> Yeah, it would be useful to verify any change fixes the particular
> issue you're seeing so please share the program. For the non-empty
> non-linear case I'd hope that catching this and doing a pull of some
> sensible amount of header (which might coincide with the least amount
> that netback expects to see in the first frag) would be enough.
> I can take a shot at a patch for this in the next few days; I'll add
> your 'Reported-by' so you should get cc-ed.

Sounds good, here is the test program (very basic, no error checks!).
I think you can probably massage the pf_packet code to send down a
purely non-linear skb, I can take a look at what this involves and
get back to you.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <linux/if_packet.h>
#include <linux/if_ether.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        struct ifreq ifr;
        int sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
        struct sockaddr_ll sll;
        int fd;
        struct msghdr msg;

        bzero(&ifr, sizeof (ifr));
        strncpy(ifr.ifr_name, argv[1], sizeof(ifr.ifr_name));
        ioctl(sockfd, SIOCGIFHWADDR, &ifr);

        bzero(&sll, sizeof (sll));
        sll.sll_family = PF_PACKET;
        sll.sll_halen = ETH_ALEN;
        sll.sll_ifindex = if_nametoindex(argv[1]);
        memcpy(sll.sll_addr,  (struct sockaddr *)&(ifr.ifr_hwaddr), ETH_ALEN);

        fd = socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, htons(ETH_P_ALL));
        bind(fd, (struct sockaddr *)&sll, sizeof(sll));
        bzero(&msg, sizeof (msg));
        msg.msg_name = (void *)&sll;
        msg.msg_namelen = sizeof (struct sockaddr_ll);
        sendmsg(fd, &msg, 0);
        fprintf(stderr, "sent!\n");
}