Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.8 + Linux 4.9 + Credit2 = can't bootup

On Thu, 2017-01-12 at 11:22 -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> On 01/12/2017 07:50 AM, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > I don't think we do that any longer, and that may be part of the
> > reason
> > why we missed this one?
>
> I believe you needed to be on a multi-socket system to catch this
> bug.
> That's why, for example, my tests missed it --- the boxes that I use
> are
> all single-node.

Which will happen in OSSTest in most cases, as we don't usually use
dom0_max_vcpus, AFAICR.

But I think the point here is really what Ian was asking. I.e., leaving
aside the specific characteristic of this very issue, do you (and
Juergen and Konrad) think it would be useful to have OSSTest smoke test
upstream-ish kernel again?

I think it is you, Xen-Linux people, that may find it helpful, as it
may save you some local testing, etc. But this is only true if you
think it could fit in your workflow to check its output and deal with
it, which is something only you can tell. :-)

If the answer is no, then nevermind, and sorry for the noise. :-D

Regards,
Dario