Re: [Xen-devel] [early RFC] ARM PCI Passthrough design document

On 29/12/2016 14:16, Jaggi, Manish wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hello Manish,

Wouldnt it be better if the design proposed by cavium be extended by
discussions and comeup with an agreeable to all design.

As I mentioned in my mail, this design is a completely different approach (emulation vs PV). This is a distinct proposal because emulation vs PV impact a lot the overall design.

I didnt see any comments on the one I posted.

Whilst I haven't commented on your design document, I have read carefully your last version of the design. But even after 5 version and nearly 2 years of work this is still DT and ITS focused. No words about interrupt legacy, no words about ACPI... And as you can see in this draft, ACPI will have an impact on the overall.

Some part of this design document is based on all the discussion we had over last year on your design. However, most of the comments have not been addressed despite the fact they have been repeated multiple time by various reviewers. For example the bus number has not been added PHYSDEVOP_pci_host_bridge_add as requested in one of the first version of the design.

Putting an altogether new design without commenting on the one posted a
month back, might not be a right approach

Speaking for myself, my bandwidth is limited and I am going to prioritize review on series where my comments have been addressed.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall