Re: [Xen-devel] Xen ARM community call - meeting minutes and date for the next one

On 20.12.2016 19:01, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Andrii,

On 20/12/2016 19:00, Andrii Anisov wrote:
Sorry for the mess,

I mean the xen-swiotlb issue on renesas board:

Bosch: problem with xen-swiotlb. It does not work properly on renesas
board.
Stefano: please report the error on the ML

ACTION: Bosch to send a bug report regarding xen-swiotlb

No news so far. Dirk, do you have any update on this?

We will try to update as soon as the vacation season is over, beginning of next year. Together with Pooya (the Bosch guy who attended the first call) I'll try to summarize the issues we see, then.

I don't have the details atm. But if I remember correctly, I've heard about two (?) issues (haven't done the tests myself).

The first one was related to (e.g. USB) DMA depending how we configure the memory assignments on the Renesas Salvator-X board. Depending on how much memory we assign to Xen and Linux, e.g. USB wasn't working (trying to use an USB stick as rootfs).

The other issue I heard about was some root file system corruptions after two or three re-boots we haven't observed in the native Linux case. The plan was to do some further analysis, first, before we blame Xen regarding this, though.

As mentioned, Pooya will have the details and correct me if I'm totally wrong here ;)

Best regards

Dirk