[Xen-devel] EPT initialization for domain U

Hi,

I really want to know when the ept (extended page table) for domain U is initialized and comes into use in xen. I already know the do_domctl() function can create domain U by handling the hypercall XEN_DOMCTL_createdomain. It actually initialize some data structures of ept such as default memory type and EPT page-walk length when creating domain U. However, by putting some printk() in this handler I find the mfn (machine page frame number)of PML4 is always equal to 0 after creation of domain U,which means that the mfn hasn't been stored in date structure(ie,struct ept_data) and ept can't be used.
I also put some printk() in the vmx_vmexit_handler() function which handles the vmexit. But I find the ept has been initialized before the first vmexit occurs.

So I don't know when the ept for domain U is really initialized and comes into use in xen? That is to say,which functions or source codes are used to store the mfn of ept and set the ept poniter (ie,domain->arch.p2m) after creating domain  U?Thanks

Weiwen Tang
Institute of Parallel and Distributed Systems (IPADS),
Shanghai Jiao Tong University