Re: [Xen-devel] Can't boot as Xen dom0 due to commit fe055896

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:27:49PM -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> It will probably fix it but I don't think we want this: it's a
> build-time solution. Most kernels have XEN on even though they are
> booted bare-metal.

Lemme tell you want I want: a way to detect I'm running on xen. Does
CPUID(4) work really early, at load_ucode_bsp() time?

IOW, can I use some of the functionality hypervisor_cpuid_base() uses to
detect xen and stop loading any further?

> I meant, for example:
>
>         proc_fam = find_cpu_family_by_equiv_cpu(proc_id);
>         if (!proc_fam) {
>                 pr_err("No patch family for equiv ID: 0x%04x\n", proc_id);
>                 return crnt_size;
>         }
>
> -boris
>
> > It returns
> > crnt_size which can be a positive number so that we can advance to the
> > next patch in the blob.

Read what I wrote here.

--
Regards/Gruss,