Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Solaris support still required? Illumos/Dilos Xen

Hi Pasi,

i’m using both addresses, but probably @gmale missed some emails with maillist.

About DilOS + Xen.

i’m using xen-3.4 - old version what i backported to DilOS based on old opensolaris varsion and upadted it to use python2.7 and some others zfs updates - more updates :)
i tried to port Xen-4.3, but not finished it yet because i have no found sponsors and i have been moved to some aonther job without DilOS/illumos activities.
try to do it by free time was/is overhead.

i have plans try to return back and look at latest Xen.

right now i try to move DilOS bulid env to use more Debian style build env and to use gcc-5.4 as primary compiler.
Also, i have SPARC support with DilOS and it eat some additional free time.
please do not drop solaris support :) - i’ll use and update it soon - probably on next year.
I have a lot of updates on my dilos-illumos fork for xen support.
and i have no illumos as is - i have more additional changes on my tree - for example: i’m using gcc5 as primary compiler intead of others illumos distributions still using gcc44.

Right now DilOS can work as dom0 with pv/hvm guests, but with old xen-3.4.
you can find examples for guests at:

and sorry for missed something - xen-devel maillist is very active and i have no a lot of time to read it now :)
ping me directly to my dilos.org email if you need some additional info.

best regards,
-Igor