Re: [Xen-devel] xen-4.8-rc7 in Stretch with linux-image 4.8 fails to boot domU with pv-grub

>>> On 30.11.16 at 01:29, <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Built & packaged xen 4.8-rc7 in Stretch (deb9) today.
> xen-4.8-rc7 in Stretch with linux-image 4.8, fails to boot domU kernel with
> pv-grub:     https://paste.debian.net/plain/899726
> from config/Tools.mk: ZLIB   :=  -DHAVE_BZLIB -lbz2 -DHAVE_LZMA -llzma
> -DHAVE_LZO1X -llzo2
> this worked with 4.8-rc6, as of Nov. 23.
> I also tried to downgrade the pv-grub to 4.6 and it still failed, so I
> suspect some interaction with xl.
>
> I found the exact same behavior in Ubuntu Xenial, that is none of my pv-grub
> domU start.
> However regular pygrub, and pv-grub2 are working fine to boot the same domU.
>
> Such a small handful of patches in the last 7 days caused this. I can't
> narrow it down, so this report will do.

The log you've pointed to does not appear to have any indication of
a failure, so I'm not sure what you expect anyone to deduce from it.
Also none of the commits since rc6 look in any way suspicious, so I'm
afraid we'll need some more data (unless someone can repro and
debug).

Jan