Re: [Xen-devel] Xen virtual IOMMU high level design doc

On 2016年11月24日 12:09, Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:

> OK, I see. Or, I think I understand, not sure :-)
>
> In QEMU when someone changes mappings in an IOMMU there will be a notifier
> to tell caches upstream that mappings have changed. I think we will need to
> prepare for that. I.e when TCG CPUs sit behind an IOMMU.

For Xen side, we may notify pIOMMU driver about mapping change via
calling pIOMMU driver's API in vIOMMU.

> Another area that may need change is that on ARM we need the map-query to
> return
> the memory attributes for the given mapping. Today QEMU or any emulator
> doesn't use it much but in the future things may change.
>
> For SVM, whe will also need to deal with page-table faults by the IOMMU.
> So I think there will need to be a channel from Xen to Guesrt to report these.

Yes, vIOMMU should forward the page-fault event to guest. For VTD side,
we will trigger VTD's interrupt to notify guest about the event.

--
Best regards
Tianyu Lan