Re: [Xen-devel] Test Xen 4.8 RC4 not stable 27.10.16

----- On 28 Oct, 2016, at 13:07, Boris Ostrovsky boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> I believe at least on some distros /var/run should be soft-linked to
> /run, otherwise whoever cleans up those directories (the command name
> escapes me right now) will only remove files from /run and leave
> /var/run (and therefore /var/run/xen/xenstored.pid) untouched.
>
> And because xencommons checks for existence of this this file before
> starting xenstored the latter never starts.
>
> -boris

root@xen:~# ls -la /var/run/xen/xenstored.pid
-rw-r----- 1 root root 6 Oct 28 15:15 /var/run/xen/xenstored.pid

   33 ?        00:00:00 xenwatch
   34 ?        00:00:00 xenbus
   45 ?        00:00:00 xenbus_frontend
  785 ?        00:00:00 xen_pciback_wor
 1137 ?        00:00:00 xenwatchdogd
 1169 ?        00:00:00 xen-init-dom0
 1175 ?        00:00:00 xenconsoled

Thats exactly what I'm sayin , maybe we need a more intelligent check to see if
xenstored is running

not just a simple pid check