[Xen-devel] Network card in newly created VM

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: #PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN# <JATINSHR001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:57:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 12:57:54 +0000

Hi,
I had created a VM in my xen installation with the following command:

sudo xen-create-image --hostname=test --memory=512mb --vcpus=2 --lvm=vg0 --dhcp --pygrub —dist=wheezy

I have booted in to the VM with the following command: sudo xl create -c /etc/xen/test.cfg

Now when I run ifconfig in the VM, I just get nothing. No network at all.

How do I go about actually creating the VM’s network interfaces and connect it to the internet?

I have created a bridge for xen as can be seen from the command: sudo brctl show, which gives the following result:

bridge name bridge id STP enabled  interfaces

xenbr0 8000.c89cdced348b no eno1

vif2.0

I am assuming that vif2.0 refers to the VM, so how can I actually go about creating the network card?

I am trying to observe traffic to and from the VM from my host machine.

Thanks

Jatin