[Xen-devel] Xen failing under VMware

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: David Smith <ossdsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:05:00 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:07:47 +0000

Attached is the full dmesg output -

Filesystem was copied in full from a running real-iron server (no errors) to a VMware virtual disk.  No errors booting the system directly into Linux, and this occurs with 4.7.x builds of Xen as well.

I'm not sure when this behavior started, but we have previously used nested virtualization under VMware for Xen quite extensively for debugging purposes and not had any issues.

Please let me know what else might  be helpful.