Re: [Xen-devel] OVMF compile error

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 01:59:49AM +0000, Chen, Farrah wrote:
> Hi
>
> We can try the latest nasm. But there is still a problem that the
> included nasm package does not work, it works well before xen commit
> (8c8b6fb02) . Does  RHEL 6.7 still support compiling xen now?

Yes, I think so. But I don't think this is a bug in xen.git really,
because we don't have any additional patches.

Could you try cloning upstream edk2.git, check out the master branch,
and then compile OVMF package?

Basically:

$ git clone https://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git
$ cd edk2
$ OvmfPkg/build.sh -a X64 -b DEBUG -n 4

If it doesn't work, it is a bug in upstream edk2 and it should be
reported there. We will update our Config.mk accordingly.

Wei.