[Xen-devel] OVMF for Xen PVH

Hello,

We are introducing a new virtualisation mode in Xen called PVHv2 (also
called hvmlite in the past). We would like to have a UEFI firmware
running on it to make it easier to start a guest. (Right now, I think it
involves supplying the guest kernel to the guest config, like a PV
guest.)

I'm exploring different possibility of what could be done, and what
should be avoided. It would be nice to have only one binary for both
PVHv2 guest and HVM guest.

Would it be possible to introduce a different entry point in OVMF? The
current one cannot be used at the start of the day of a PVHv2 guest.

If not, we'll try to use the current entry point or create a new package
like it has been done for Xen on ARM.

Thanks for any feedback,

--
Anthony PERARD