Re: [Xen-devel] Regression between Xen 4.6.0 and 4.7.0, Direct kernel boot on a qemu-xen and seabios HVM guest doesn't work anymore.

>>> On 05.09.16 at 13:19, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2016-09-05 12:25, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Anyway - with you quite clearly having used HAP before, I can't
>> see how this commit would matter for you at all. In case you want
>> to double check you could try with a hypervisor built without
>> shadow paging code (which we've been allowing for quite a
>> while).
>
> I just tried that and without shadow paging code the guest boots fine,
> so that's interesting.

Indeed. Was that try with plain staging/master, or with much of
the reverts in place (from the bisection)? It seems to me that
investigating this odd difference would perhaps be a better
route than trying to guess what's wrong with said commit.

Jan