Re: [Xen-devel] Can't build ipxe with 6.1.1

On 01/09/16 20:27, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> Newer gcc (6.1.1 is what I am using with Fedora 24) is having trouble
> compiling ipxe that is fetched by Xen, mostly due to stricter checks.
>
> I have a patch that fixes all these warnings but do we want it or should
> we instead upgrade to latest ipxe version? (It builds fine but I haven't
> tested it).

We should really update to a newer iPXE.

The version pulled from xenbits is ages old, and there is no excuse for
having a opencoded patch queue on top of it.

It would be better if it could switch to being like seabios, with a git
tree rather than a tarball, and a --with-system-ipxe= ./configure
option.  This will finally get rid of the last wget'ism out of the
non-stubdom build, which is a distinct improvement for most downstream
consumers of the project.

(I realise I am dumping part of my TODO list on you, but you literally
are asking for it with that question :) - if not, I will get around to
it some day.)

~Andrew